Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week twenty four in the garden

We are still waiting for some bell peppers. I hope bugs don't eat peppers too! Oh the pain of being an organic farmer. We could kill those bugs with pesticide but we would rather not eat poison in our food.

I hope the cantaloupes ripen soon cause summer is over and I think they like full sun.

There is never a shortage of cherry tomatoes at our house. They have easily been our biggest producer along with the kale. We could live of those two alone.
We had a little rain today and the swiss chard was still wet when we took our photos.

Our romaine is getting very tall. Daddy keeps cutting it down but it just won't stop shooting upward.

San Marzano, what can I say. I hope I get to know you better next year.

9/11/2001 A day to remember.

6 comments:

  1. You have such a wonderful green thumb. Growers always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Teddy,

    What a fabulously yummy garden you have! My human said yum to the kale and bell peppers!! I am still waiting to see pictures of the meaty bones you are growing. ;->

    Lovely photo of NYC.

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ranch dressing and we're all set
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't wait until you slice into that melon, Teddy!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. That melon will turn out great, I know it!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hope your peppers and cantelope grow up soon!! We love tomatoes...so we are glad that you have lots of them!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete