Sunday, January 10, 2010

No Pup Left Behind



Tonight I went out front with Daddy to take out the trash. I went next door to leave some pee-mail. Then I went out to the tree by the street to see if any other pups had passed by. I heard Daddy open the door so I turned around to follow him back inside. I was right on his heels when the door shut in my face. At first I thought Daddy was playing a trick on me. But after a few minutes of standing there, I went exploring...for who knows how long. Mommy and Daddy thought I was napping underneath the futon. I could smell that Mommy was just about finished cooking dinner. I scratched and scratched the door. I let out a few cries. Then some more cries. But no one was listening. Finally, I let out my angry bark to get their attention. I could hear Mommy running to the door and hurrying to open it. She greeted me with a hug and an apology but I knew it was Daddy's fault. How could he? In his defense, he had NO idea that I had followed him outside. But doesn't he know that I go out with him EVERY time he takes out the trash? It's my job to protect him!

12 comments:

  1. Maybe woo and your mommy need to leave him out fur a bit!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh what a bad daddy. you were just doing your duty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree with Khyra. Wonder how he would like it????
    Good Mom to let you in.
    Tailwags
    Ernie, Sasha, & Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ut oh Teddy! It was very smart of you to hang around the house instead to wandering off and getting lost - you are a smart little man. Maybe next week when you help daddy take the trash out, you can jump on his leg to let him know you are there so he won't accidentally close the door on you again.

    Were you scared??

    Love,
    Prinnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That exact same thing happened to me a few months ago! Dads must get easily distracted. It is a good thing you stayed at the door and were patient. I hope you were not too cold...and that you got extra dinner for your trauma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Teddy,

    You are a funny pup! You showed your humans never to leave you outside while dinner is cooking! Gave them the ol' angry bark - Bravo! I hope your dad learned his lesson and never forgets you again!

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor doggie, Teddy! Thank goodness that you barked to let your hoomans know that you were stuck outside!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Teddy!
    I just can imagine what your Mom thought at that moment!
    Glad you stayed there and let them know!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no....Your Daddy is lucky you are such a brave pup!! Glad you were let in all safe and sound.

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so furry glad that you didn't get hurt when you were out there all alone. You are a furry responsible pooch to wait at the door for your mommy to let you inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes parents are clueless. That's why they need us! Glad that you are okay! You are smart to stick around the house, even when the door shuts in your face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be terrified if that happened! I hope you got some good treats when you got back inside!
    --JB

    ReplyDelete